Sunday, July 17, 2011

Song Book


We all know so many songs for the classroom!  Some general fun songs, some seasonal or holiday songs, songs for specifics units we're studying...but I always had a hard time organizing them.  I wanted them all in one spot to make it easy to access while in the moment at circle or when I'm doing my circle time lesson plans according to a theme.  So this is what I made.  
I just spent a few weeks ( a little each night) typing out the lyrics to the songs I wanted to include and grouped them by topic.  I put them in sheet protectors and into a 3 ring binder. When I started there wasn't this many but I add to it a little each year as I think of it or when we're studying something new and I've learned new songs.  I save it in a Word Document so I can easily add to it in the right place.

This is the first page just to give you an idea of what it looks like.  General hello songs are always good to know and have a variety on hand to start each morning with at circle!
I play guitar as well so if I know the chords I also put them in there as well so that's easy access too!

The dividers separating the topics by subject, holiday, or theme.


No comments:

Post a Comment